Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Firewood Shed Plans to Build a Firewood Storage Shed

Firewood Shed Plans to Build a Firewood Storage Shed


When we built our new house 3 years ago, we added in a fireplace, but for 2 years we didnt use it because all the wood got wet in the rains before the cold weather came and the idea of buying firewood every time we wanted to have a fire just wasnt practical. My wife wanted me to build a shed for the firewood from the start, but I kept putting it off until this last really cold winter plus we ended up having high electricity bills.


I was lucky to get a resource for some firewood shed plans through a friend of mine so once I had those I knew what I had to do.


The blueprints showed me the exact materials I had to buy and the length. I priced the wood (which was already cut to size) from our local hardware store and then compared it to a quote from a lumbar yard. The lumbar yard was just under 10% cheaper so I bought the wood and had it cut there.


The firewood shed was a very simple design with only 3 walls and a shed roof made from corrugated iron. I put concrete on the floor because I didnt want to let moisture come through the bottom having experienced rotten wood once, I didnt want it to happen again. My neighbors shed is actually a dirt floor with cinder clocks and plastic shearing over the top and that seems to work fine too.


The shed was done in three weekends. The first weekend I priced and bought materials and then second weekend, I put up the walls and floor, and the last weekend I put up the roof, bought some firewood and stacked it in there.


I also put some rat poison right at the back, out of our dogs reach. I also positioned the shed in a way that the back and side walls face the weather. Remember to take this into account otherwise you might have the same problem that you started out with!


Buying plans really does save you time and money in the long run. This is if you are prepared to compare prices and do a bit of homework.


Visit: www.myshedplans.com




Firewood Shed Plans to Build a Firewood Storage Shed